Rand McNally is a promising, sophisticated, and innovative GPS technology. Using its extensive range of versatile products, it facilitates access to advanced technology. Moreover, it does excellent brand dealing in education, commercial transportation, and electronics field. In addition to this, the user-friendly products of Rand McNally ensure a hassle-free and smooth traveling experience. However, most of the GPS devices depend on the accuracy of the maps. This is also a must to understand that maps require regular updates to offer flawless and reliable guidance.
Hence, in this post, we will provide you the guidance about the process of rand mcnally gps update, which you can do using Rand Mcnally Dock.
Rand McNally GPS Update Procedure
Before you proceed with the rand mcnally update, make sure you consider the below-written points to ensure a smooth update.
Point to Remember:
- Usually, rand mcnally gps update for maps are huge in size and carry must to have files. Hence, one needs to make sure of a high-speed internet connection.
- Also, remember that rand mcnally gps update is possible through the Rand Mcnally Dock. You can download this support application free of cost.
Moreover, first-time users need to register their device at the dock to get the rand mcnally gps update.
Register Your Device on Dock:
- First, you need to turn on the GPS device. As a result, you will be led to the main menu screen.
- Also, you must turn on the system along.
- Next, you have to connect the gadget with your system using a USB cable.
- After that, you will find the device’s GPS screen displaying its status as ‘connected.’
Rand McNally GPS Update Process
- To begin with, first, you need to turn your GPS device ON.
- Then, bridge it to your system.
- Meanwhile, make sure that your system is also switched ON and appropriately connected.
- After that, you will see that your GPS device screen will show the status as ‘connected.’
- As a result, the Rand McNally Dock will start initializing on your system’s screen.
- Now, you will find the dock’s home window.
- Here, look for the available updates icon. If there are no updates for the device or map, then your dock will show a grey color. Besides, if the updates are available, then it will show the green color.
- You have to hit the ‘arrow’ option if it is green.
- As a result, you have the list of all updates for the map and device connected.
- Accordingly, choose the map updates from that list.
- Furthermore, the next window will appear with another green arrow icon stating ‘begin download.’ Hence, hit that icon to start downloading the rand mcnally gps update.
- Now, you will have to wait for some time because the map update is usually in big size. Moreover, downloading depends on your internet speed.
- The dock will keep displaying the download progress on the screen.
- The moment downloading gets completes, you will get a confirmation message.
- After that, another arrow with ‘transfer’ will appear. This is to transfer the updates you have downloaded. Hence, hit the same icon.
- Next, wait for a while until the updates transfer to your device. When the transfer is successful, you will get update.
- Now, hit the ‘back’ button finally to return to the home window, and disconnect your device.
Here, we have covered how to register on the Rand Mcnally Dock along with the steps to have rand mcnally gps update. Now, you have a full-fledged guide to utilize as and when required.