One of the most prominent American technology companies, Rand McNally, provides the best-in-class mapping, software, and hardware products for a wide range of GPS services. The company offers its worldwide users feature-rich and user-friendly GPS devices that help them reach their destination seamlessly. In addition to that, it keeps on updating the maps to ensure that the user gets the current location data accurately. Therefore, with the help of the Rand McNally maps, you can reach your destination in a hassle-free manner. However, you have to update the maps timely to get the latest information about the routes. Therefore, in this blog, we’ve provided the step-wise procedure for Rand McNally update to help you have a seamless experience with your GPS device.
Steps to download the Rand McNally Dock on Windows
For all the users, who want to update the maps on their Rand McNally device, it is mandatory to download the dock software first. Therefore, all the users are suggested to follow the below steps to download the Rand McNally Dock:-
- First of all, you should open your internet browser and go to its address bar.
- After this, you need to enter the “randmcnally.com/support/s/dock-software” in the address bar.
- This link redirects you to the official download page of Rand McNally Dock. Here, you should scroll down and go to the “Download Dock Software” section.
- Note: here, you need to click on the link according to the operating system of your device.
- The windows users should click on the “Windows” link.
- Now, the dock software file will start downloading on your system.
- After this, click open the file installed on your system. After opening the file, click on the “Run” button and wait until the file downloads.
- Now, you can update the Rand McNally maps on your device.
How to update the maps on Rand McNally's device?
In this blog section, we have provided the step-by-step procedures to update the maps on your device. Hence, you should follow the Rand McNally update process given below:-
- Plug into the GPS device to the system, which is connected to the high-speed internet.
- You receive a confirmation email on your registered email ID when you purchase the Rand McNally Lifetime Maps. In addition to that, you also get a code.
- You should open the Rand McNally Dock software on your computer connected with the GPS device.
- Enter the code into the software. After downloading the code, follow the further on-screen instructions.
- Now, you should download the available new maps.
- After this, register the GPS device via Rand McNally Dock software in order to receive an update.
- This software will notify you whenever the new Rand McNally Update is available.
- All you need to do is, go to the “Update May Available” button.
- In the end, you can click on the update button and wait until the process completes.
In this blog, we explained the complete process to update the Rand McNally Maps on your GPS device. In addition to that, we provided the detailed method to download the software on your Windows device for all users who do not have the Rand McNally dock software on their device.