Rand McNally Update
For the better and smooth performance of your Rand Mcnally GPS device, you will be provided with several updates periodically. Installing the updates will help you to get accurate information. In order to install the Rand Mcnally Update, you must have the Rand Mcnally Dock application. Follow the below-given process for successfully installing the update on your device.
How to Perform Rand Mcnally Update?
- To begin with the Update process, the first step is to download the Rand Mcnally Dock. This software is used to update the Rand Mcnally device.
- For this, type in “randmcnally.com/dock” in the Address bar of your browser. Then, hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
- This will redirect you to the required webpage. Here, you will get the download link for both your Windows and Mac devices. Hence, click on the link as per your operating system.
- As a result, this will start the downloading procedure.
- After that, double click on the downloaded setup file of Rand Mcnally Dock. Then, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process of installation.
- Once, you have completed the process of installation, open the Rand Mcnally Dock application on your system.
- Before you begin with the Rand Mcnally Update procedure, you have to establish a connection between your Rand Mcnally device and your system. For this, look for the USB port both on your device and your computer.
- Next, take the USB cable and connect one end of the USB cable with your device and another end with your computer. By doing so, the connection is established for Rand Mcnally Update.
- Consequently, it will redirect you to the Product Registration window. Here, you need to fill in the required details in their respective fields accurately.
- Thereafter, click on the “Ok” button in the dialogue box that prompts on your screen.
- In the upcoming window, you will see an icon of “Updates Available” on your screen. Hence, click on this icon to move further with the Rand Mcnally Update procedure.
- In the next window, it will show you the available updates that are available on your device.
- Thereafter, in the next screen that displays on your screen, click on the “Begin Download” icon. This icon is located in the middle of the screen.
- After clicking the icon, the available Rand Mcnally update will start installing on your device. You can easily check the update process by looking at the progress bar of your screen. This procedure will take some time, wait for the procedure to complete successfully.
- During the process make sure that you don’t close the window or turn off your system. Doing this can result in the system ceasing to download the file further.
- Once the procedure gets complete, you will see a message stating “Downloads Complete” on your screen.
- In this window, you will be prompted to transfer the updates to your device. For this, click on the “Transfer” icon. You will get this icon in the middle of the screen.
- By doing so, it will start transferring Rand Mcnally Updates to your device.
- Then, you have to wait until the transfer procedure gets completed.
- Once your transfer process is completed, you will be notified with a message indicating, “Install Complete” on your screen.
- Now, click on the back button to return back to the main menu entitled your GPS is up to date.
- In the end, it will notify you when it is safe to disconnect your device. Hence, you must disconnect the Device only when you get this message.
Hence, this completes the Rand Mcnally Update procedure successfully.