How to Update Rand McNally TND 740?
Are you looking for the procedure to update your Rand McNally TND 740? If so, then your need to go through this article. Here, you will get complete information on the update on TND 740. A detailed procedure is mentioned below that will guide you step-by-step to update your device.
Know More About Rand McNally TND 740
Rand McNally TND 740 is built with advanced features that are dedicated specifically for the truck drivers. Their day-to-day functions and GPS requirements are kept in mind while designing this product. This Rand McNally product helps the drivers to enjoy convenient driving. To get a deeper knowledge of the product, you have to look at its enhanced features. All the features offered by TND 740 are provided below.
- Lane Guidance
- Access to Various Information
- Personalized Settings
- Plan Your Travelling Expense
- Get Magnetic Mount
- Easy-to-use Interface
Essentials For Performing the Update Procedure
To update your Rand McNally TND device with the latest software or map, you don’t need to be a technical expert. You can update your device with ease by performing a few steps. However, to have an error-free experience, it is really important for you to recall these essentials requirements and ensure that you fulfill each one of them. Fulfilling these will make your system ready to perform the update procedure.
- Take the charger and connect it to your device and power outlet. Continuous power supply will ensure that the update procedure will not get interrupted.
- A reliable and high-speed wireless device must be connected to your Rand McNally TND 740.
- Once the download and installation of updates will begin, you have to make sure that it doesn’t launch the GPS application. Doing so will interrupt the process and display the error.
Understand the Procedure to Update Rand McNally TND 740
Once you are done fulfilling all the requirements, you can move to the main process of downloading and installing the latest update on your TND device. Rand McNally TND 740 is a tablet GPS device. Hence, you can not use the Rand McNally Dock Application to install the updates. Installing the updates on these devices only need an internet connection. The process for the update is explained below. Each step of the process must be implemented carefully to avoid errors.
- As soon as you connect your device to the wireless connection, you will get an alert message stating the availability of the updates on your GPS device. On getting the message, you have to press the “Go” button.
- In case you won’t get the alert message on your screen, then you need to look for the update icon on the home screen of your device. If the update icon has a red dot on it, then it means the update is available. Now, click the “Check For Updates” option located beside the update icon.
- Once you reach the window with all the updates, you have to install all of them by clicking the “Install” tab.
- After a gap of a few minutes, the completion message will prompt on your screen.
Note: If you are installing the map data updates on your device, then your application might get closed in the middle. This is a general phenomenon and generally happens. To go back to the update application, you can click its icon from the home screen and re-open it.
- You can now reboot your device and conclude the Rand McNally TND 740 update process.